Hi, attempting to setup on arm64 server as docker-compose

Hi, I’m attempting to set this up via Docker-compose by copy pasting into a blank docker-compose.yml file and realize I am doing something wrong.

ERROR: could not find /home/pc/compose/libretranslate/docker: stat /home/pc/compose/libretranslate/docker: no such file or directory
ERROR: Service 'libretranslate' failed to build : Build failed

I also notice the docker-compose file does not include any volumes by default which I am a bit confused by. I am hoping to use a local libretranslate alongside Discourse. I have the forked Translator plugin installed. Thanks.

$ docker-compose up -d
Building libretranslate
[+] Building 0.0s (0/0)                                                                                                                                 docker:default
ERROR: could not find /home/pc/compose/libretranslate/docker: stat /home/pc/compose/libretranslate/docker: no such file or directory
ERROR: Service 'libretranslate' failed to build : Build failed

I am clearly missing either volumes or environment details from https://github.com/LibreTranslate/LibreTranslate/blob/main/docker-compose.yml

Thanks for any suggestions!

I was able to resolve this issue by using the older release tag of libretranslate. See https://github.com/LibreTranslate/LibreTranslate/issues/524

1 Like

Working on latest build thanks to the dev team addressing an issue with pytorch, Thanks.
See Fix docker crash on ARM by pierotofy · Pull Request #525 · LibreTranslate/LibreTranslate · GitHub

2 Likes

i am trying to run this on linux arm64 with docker/podman… but i am failing all the time.

Error: initializing source docker://libretranslate/libretranslate:latest: pinging container registry registry-1.docker.io: StatusCode: 403, "<html><body><h1>403 Forbidden</h1>\nSince Docker is..

any chance to get the correct commands to install/run libretranslate ?

403 forbidden seems to indicate that the command cannot access the docker public registry (which is strange).

What do you get if you run: docker pull libretranslate/libretranslate?

hi.
thanks for your response. the solution was quite simple: use a vpn since the connection was blocked by my isp… :man_facepalming:

1 Like