Feature Request: Improve Grammatical Wording like Grammarly/DeepL Write

I recently stumbled across LibreTranslate and Argos and am more than happy that there are finally private, self-hosting and powerful tools available.

What I am currently missing is the ability to improve sentences outside of translation for wording, spelling, grammar, precision of expression, etc. within the same language. A feature like what Grammerly or DeepL Write have to offer. I am new to both projects, have I missed such a feature or is it on the roadmap?

If LibreTranslate/Argos does not have such a feature planned, are there other projects that have such functionality?

Cool idea! I, personally, don’t think this should be added to Argos, but I’m also not one of the maintainers :slight_smile:

Check out GitHub - languagetool-org/languagetool: Style and Grammar Checker for 25+ Languages, you can spin it up locally and pass language+text for proofreading.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer! I did not know about LanguageTool and this is what I was looking for. I also agree that it should not be merged with Argos as both projects are different. However, it might be a good idea to run LanguageTool over a LibreTranslate translation to further improve the translation quality. But that’s just an idea.