German model

I just uploaded a new German model (not overtrained this time haha). It’s using new auto data downloading and a two server training setup to be able to use more data. It’s also using OpenNMT-py instead of TensorFlow like the original German 1.0 model. If there are any German speakers I’d be curious to see if they notice a difference.

1 Like

Input (Wikipedia)

GitLab is a web-based DevOps lifecycle tool that provides a Git repository manager providing wiki, issue-tracking and continuous integration and deployment pipeline[8] features, using an open-source license, developed by GitLab Inc. The open source software project was created by Ukrainian developers Dmytro Zaporozhets and Valery Sizov.[9]

The code was originally written in Ruby,[4] with some parts later rewritten in Go, initially as a source code management solution to collaborate within a team on software development. It later evolved to an integrated solution covering the software development life cycle, and then to the whole DevOps life cycle. The current technology stack includes Go, Ruby on Rails, and Vue.js.

It follows an open-core development model where the core functionality is released under an open-source (MIT) license while the additional functionality such as code owners,[10] multiple issue assignees,[11] dependency scanning[12] and insights[13] are under a proprietary license.

GitLab ist ein webbasiertes DevOps-Lebenszyklus-Tool, das einen Git-Repository-Manager bietet, der Wiki-, E-Tracking- und kontinuierliche Integrations- und Pipeline-Bereitstellung[8]-Funktionen mit einer Open-Source-Lizenz bietet, die von GitLab Inc. entwickelt wurde. Das Open Source-Software-Projekt wurde von ukrainischen Entwicklern Dmytro Zaporozhets und Valery Sizov.[9]

Der Code wurde ursprünglich in Ruby geschrieben,[4] mit einigen Teilen später in Go neu geschrieben, zunächst als Quellcode-Management-Lösung, um innerhalb eines Teams in der Software-Entwicklung zusammenzuarbeiten. Es entwickelte sich später zu einer integrierten Lösung, die den Software-Entwicklungs-Lebenszyklus abdeckt, und dann zum gesamten DevOps-Lebenszyklus. Der aktuelle Technologiestapel umfasst Go, Ruby auf Rails und Vue.js.

Es folgt einem Open-Core-Entwicklungsmodell, bei dem die Kernfunktionalität unter einer Open-Source- (MIT)-Lizenz veröffentlicht wird, während die zusätzlichen Funktionen wie Code-Besitzer,[10] multiple Emission assignees,[11] Abhängigkeits-Scanning[12] und Einsichten[13] unter einer proprietären Lizenz stehen.

GitLab ist ein Web-basiertes DevOps-Lebenswerkzeug, das einen Chipspeichermanager bietet, der Wiki bereitstellt, die streitende und kontinuierliche Integration und die Einführungspipeline[8] bietet und eine Open-Source-Lizenz nutzt, die von GitLab Inc entwickelt wurde. Das Open Source Software-Projekt wurde von ukrainischen Entwicklern Dmytro Zaporozhets und Valery Sizov.[9] erstellt.

Der Code wurde ursprünglich in Ruby geschrieben,[4] mit einigen Teilen, die später in Go neu geschrieben wurden, zunächst als Quelle Code Managementlösung zur Zusammenarbeit innerhalb eines Teams zur Entwicklung von Software. später entwickelte sie sich zu einer integrierten Lösung für den Lebenszyklus von Software und dann den gesamten Lebenszyklus von DevOps. Der aktuelle Technologiestapel umfasst Go, Ruby on Rails und Vue.js.

Es folgt einem Open-core-Entwicklungsmodell, bei dem die Kernfunktion im Rahmen einer Open-Source-Lizenz (MIT) freigesetzt wird, während die zusätzliche Funktionalität wie Code-Eigentümer, [10] Multiple Emittenten,[11] Abhängigkeitsabschätzung[12] und Einsichten[13] unter einer Lizenz stehen.

Input (Wikipedia)

Der Bundesrat (Abkürzung BR)[1] ist ein Verfassungsorgan der Bundesrepublik Deutschland. Über den Bundesrat wirken die Länder bei der Gesetzgebung und Verwaltung des Bundes sowie in Angelegenheiten der Europäischen Union mit (Art. 50 GG). Jedes Land ist durch Mitglieder seiner Landesregierung im Bundesrat vertreten. Auf diese Weise werden die Interessen der Länder bei der politischen Willensbildung des Gesamtstaates berücksichtigt.

Der Bundesrat ist ein Ausdruck des Föderalismus und führt eine deutsche Verfassungstradition fort. Weil er an der Gesetzgebung beteiligt ist, kann er politikwissenschaftlich als eine Art zweiter Kammer oder Länderkammer neben dem Bundestag bezeichnet werden. Staatsrechtlich ist der Bundesrat ein Organ sui generis, auch da seine Mitglieder kein eigenes Mandat haben. Wechselt in einem Bundesland die Regierung, zum Beispiel nach einer Landtagswahl, entsendet das Land entsprechend neue weisungsgebundene Mitglieder in den Bundesrat.

Die Bedeutung des Bundesrates im politischen System hängt auch von Machtkonstellationen ab. Nur noch selten haben die Parteien, die im Bundestag eine Koalition bilden und die Bundesregierung stellen, gemeinsam auch eine Mehrheit im Bundesrat. So müssen weitere Parteien für zustimmungspflichtige Gesetze gewonnen werden. In den ersten Jahrzehnten nach Gründung der Bundesrepublik stieg der Anteil dieser Gesetze, die der Zustimmung des Bundesrates bedurften, stark an und damit die Bedeutung einer Mehrheit im Bundesrat. Im Jahr 2006 und danach versuchte man in sogenannten Föderalismus-Reformen, die Zahl der zustimmungspflichtigen Gesetze zurückzudrängen, was aber nicht im erhofften Ausmaß eingetreten ist.[2][3] Die Kompromissfähigkeit ist jedoch im Allgemeinen sehr hoch, sodass nur wenige Gesetze endgültig abgelehnt werden (Vermittlungsausschuss).[2]

bundesrat (abbreviation BR)[1] is a constitutional body of the federal republic of Germany. on the council of the federal state, the countries are acting in the legislative and administration of the federal state and in matters of the European union (art. 50 gg.) each country is represented by members of its national government in the Federal Council. In this way the interests of the countries are taken into account in the formation of political will in the general state.

the Federal Council is an expression of federalism and continues a German constitutional tradition. because he is involved in legislation, he can be termed political science as a second chamber or chamber of countries next to the federal day. The federal council is an organ sui generis, even as its members have no own mandat. changes in a federal state the government, for example after a local election, sends new members to the Federal Council.

the meaning of the federal council in the political system also depends on power constellations. only rarely have the parties that form a coalition in Germany and put the federal government together also have a majority in the Federal Council. in this way, other parties must be won for law enforcement. in the first decades after the founding of the federal republic, the proportion of these laws, which required the approval of the federal council, rose sharply and thus the significance of a majority in the federal council. in 2006 and after that, in so-called federalism reforms, the number of laws that are subject to approval was tried to push back, but this did not happen in the hoped-forth.[2][3], however, the ability to compromise is generally very high, so that only a few laws are finally rejected (Deputy Committee).[2]

The Bundesrat (reduction of BR)[1] is a constitutional body of the Federal Republic of Germany. Through the Bundesrat, the countries have an impact on federal law and administration and on European Union matters (Art. 50 GG). Each country is represented by members of its government in the Bundesrat. In this way, the interests of the countries are taken into account in the political will-building of the country as a whole.

The Bundesrat is an expression of federalism and continues a German constitutional tradition. Because he is involved in the legislation, he can be referred to as a type of second chamber or chamber of country in addition to the Bundestag. State law is the Bundesrat an organ sui generis, even since its members have no own mandate. In a state, the government, for example after a country-by-country election, will leave the country to the Bundesrat according to new referral members.

The importance of the Federal Council in the political system also depends on power constellations. Only rarely, the parties that form a coalition in the Bundestag and bring the Federal Government together also have a majority in the Bundesrat. For this purpose, other parties need to be won for laws that are inaccessible. In the first decades after the establishment of the Federal Republic, the share of these laws, which had to be approved by the Bundesrat, increased strongly and thus the importance of a majority in the Bundesrat. In 2006 and after that, in so-called federalism reforms, the number of laws that are subject to compliance has been recovered, but this has not occurred in the hoped scale.[2] However, compromiseability is generally very high, so only a few laws are finally rejected (VESTS).[2]

I do notice a difference, but - sorry I am saying this - sadly not for the better. Version 1.0 rightly translates that GitLab is a DevOps lifecycle tool while version 1.5 says GitLab is a DevOps life tool. Version 1.0 says Gitlab has a Git repository manager while version 1.5 says GitLab has a chip storage manager…
German is my mother tongue…
Thanks for working on this, if you keep on trying you’ll liekely get it right eventually.

EDIT: Could it be that the English to German translations are mixed up? The German to English translations did improve (as you probably can tell).

1 Like

I’ve gotten more reports of the 1.5 German models being a downgrade so I reverted to 1.0.

1 Like

I think the reasons the proposed German model wasn’t very good are:

• The current German model is trained with OpenNMT-tf, which is more production oriented, while the proposed one was trained with OpenNMT-py, which is more research oriented.
  • I used the CCMatrix dataset from Opus in the proposed model. I think this dataset is large and low quality and I now usually avoid it.

I’m planning to keep the current model for now because it’s high quality and trained with OpenNMT-tf while I’ve since moved my training infrastructure to OpenNMT-py. OpenNMT-tf models are also around 30% larger but that’s worth it in this instance because German-English is a very popular language pair. If good German CTranslate2 models from third parties become available I may consider switching to them too.